Federal Special Services
The Wild, Wild West
The Night of the Asteroid
Originally, this game ran under Hero System,
5th Edition. While that was OK, it wasn't quite doing what I wanted it to
do, so as of April, 2009, the game has shifted to a slightly modified version
of 7th Sea. I'm hoping that this will capture the flavor of the genre
a little better.
The main changes are as follows:
Of course, some knacks are less likely to be useful than others, but, heck,
Fashion might matter ...
- All the background/setting information is gone, as are Sorcery,
Swordsmanship Schools and Backgrounds.
- A character may begin with any one Trait at 4.
- Virtues and Hubrises will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- The Scholar skill will include various sciences and scientific professions
but not Occult.
- Firearms will be split into Pistol and Rifle, and there will also be
Mounted Pistol and Mounted Rifle advanced knacks (like horse archery).
A Quickdraw advanced knack will also be in play.
- Languages will cost 1 point each at character generation.
- A new military skill exists: Special Weapons, with the following
- Basic - Demolition
- Advanced - Artillery
- Advanced - Attack (Crossbow)
At some point, I might rewrite the Skills/Knacks to better reflect the genre.
Federal Special Services Home
Hosted by avigne.org